C.E.A. Work May Resume In 3 Months

By Robert A. Rafsky

Work may resume within three months in the now-shattered experimental hall of the Cambridge Electron Accelerator.

A team of investigators has "fairly well established" that much of the apparatus in the hall was left intact by the multi-million dollar explosion July 5. Robert Cummings, CEA assistant director, said yesterday.

According to Cummings, three of the eight experiments being conducted at the time of the explosion may get underway again as soon as a new roof and electric wiring can be installed. These were all set up at the opposite end of a corridor from the site of the bubble chamber filling system which is believed to have been the site of the explosion.

Three of the men seriously hurt in the explosion are still on the danger list. Arthur Reid, 19, an MIT research technician, is listed in poor condition at Massachusetts General Hospital, and Frank Feinberg, 20, MIT '67, and John F. Schivell, 22, GSAS are reported in fair condition.

The investigators are also seeking pictures of the early stages of the fires. Anyone who took photographs of the accelerator shortly after 3:30 a.m., when the fires broke out, is asked to bring them to Dr. Roy Little, Rm. 409, 42 Oxford St