Orioles Win 5-2; Drabowsky Fans Eleven Dodgers

Moe Drabowsky took over from Balti-more starter Dave McNally in the third inning yesterday and pitched the Birds to a 5-2 first game victory over Los Angeles.

The Robinson boys, Frank and Brooks, each shelled Dodger starter Don Drysdale with first-inning home runs to give McNally a big lead. But in the third inning, the Orioles starter lost all control by walking three consecutive batters with only one out.

Then came Drabowsky, who struck out Wes Parker, walked Junior Gilliam, and forced John Roseboro to foul out to retire the side. In the fourth and fifth innings, Drabowsky struck out the side, thus tying a 47-year old record of Cincinnati's Hod Eller, who struck out six straight batters in the 1919 World Series against the Chicago White Sox.

In his 6 2/3 innings of relief, Drabowsky allowed only one hit and fanned 11. It was a far cry from his 1957 performance with the Chicago Cubs, when he tied a record by hitting four batters in one game and led the National League in hit batsmen for the season.

Drabowsky was the legendary victim of Stan Musial's 3000th hit, the hit that gave Early Wynn his 300th victory, and the famous homer of Dave Nicholson over the stands in Comiskey Park.