CHRONOLOGY

These are the highlights of Dietz' two-year fight against the Coop's plans for Palmer St.:

March, 1964--In a letter, Dietz calls on the Coop's directors to junk the proposed annex and plan one with courtyard and trees.

June--Dietz meets with Governor Peabody and asks him, in vain, to block a bill permitting the Coop to build a bridge over the street.

Sept.--Dietz asks the Board of Zoning Appeals to veto the Coop's building permit for the annex on the grounds that the truck dock is too small and that the building has too much floor area for its lot size.

Oct.--Dietz parades a long line of witnesses before the Cambridge City Council urging it to deny the Coop a bridge permit. The question is shunted to a Council committee.

Jan., 1965--The Appeals Board turns Dietz down and he takes the case against the Coop's building permit to Superior Court.

Feb.--The Coop's bridge permit is approved by the City Council.

June--Dietz and the Coop tangle for five days in Superior Court.

Oct.--Dietz asks the Appeals Board to toss the Coop out of the first half of the annex because it has no temporary loading dock. The Coop shows pictures of a truck unloading on a wooden platform next to the building. Dietz' attorney claims that the photographs were staged and that the platform is usually blocked. The Coop denies it.

Nov.--Superior Court's preliminary decision says that the Coop should cut down on its floor area but does not have to change its loading dock. Negotiations between Dietz and the Coop begin.

Dec.--Appeals Board denies Dietz' petition.