Trackmen Whip Hapless Brown, Set Six Records

Harvard's track team broke five Brown field house records and one Harvard University mark on the way to a 67-42 victory over the Bruins in Providence last night.

Harvard, saving the services of Jim Baker and Trey Burns for the two-mile relay, handed Brown the two-mile run and the 1000-yard run. The Crimson two-mile relay team responded with a remarkable 7:40.5 clocking, 7.1 seconds better than the old University mark.

Baker also set a field house record in the mile with a 4.11.6 time.

Saving sprinter Wayne Andersen for the mile relay. Harvard relinquished the dash to Brown's Win Anakwa. The Crimson won the mile relay in 3.20, which set a new field house record but failed to equal the current University mark of 3:19.6.

Harvard swept the first three places in the 45-yard high hurdles, as Captain Tony Lynch set a field house record at :05.7. The fifth field house record broken last night came in the high jump, where Chris Pardee reached 6-8. Pardee also won the broad jump with a 22-31 leap.

In the 600-yard run. Crimson sophomore Jeff Huvelle defeated Brown's Herchell Bird in a fast 1:12.6.

Harvard's sophomores continued to show progress in the weight and shot put. Ron Wilson won the weight with a 63-6 heave as Harvard swept the first three places. Carter Lord won the shot at 49-6 1/4 over Brown's Bruce Ross and teammate Tom Choquette.

The one Bruin individual victory which did not result from Harvard's virtual default came in the pole vault. Crimson sophomore Steve Schoonover, having an extremely poor day, cleared only 12 feet for third place. Brown's Les Jones won the vault at 13-6.