Choice on Style Of 'Cliffe Meals Goes to Houses

The Radcliffe Government Association has decided that each Radcliffe House may retain a number of sit-down meals a week, although beginning next fall almost all of the meals will be served buffet style. The exact number of sit-down meals and other details of the new eating arrangements will be determined this spring by committees to be set up in each House.

Efficiency the Aim

The recommendation that Cliffies be able to plan dining hall arrangements on a House basis was contained in a report presented to RGA before vacation by the Work Program Evaluation Committee. The Committee, composed of student work chairmen and head residents, was formed last fall when Radcliffe decided to find a more efficient way to run its dining halls.

Susanne Wilson '67, president of the RGA expects that the House committees will choose one dining room in each House to serve sit-down meals on interhouse nights. The other dining rooms will serve buffet meals every night. Under the current system, all Radcliffe dining halls serve five sit-down meals a week.

Move to Serve

The change from the traditional system is due to the need to accomodate a much larger number of girls in the dining rooms because of the new off-campus board rates.

The dining rooms could not handle the expected additional people at one sitting. On the basis of a study by a team of professional efficiency experts, Radcliffe has decided to keep the dining halls open for buffet meals for two hours, instead of the current half-hour.