Brown Stakes 3-0 Record In Today's Baseball Game

Game time: 3 p.m.

By Robert P. Marshall jr.

The Harvard baseball team will be fighting hard, to even its Eastern Baseball record when it plays host to a strong from Brown, this afternoon. Bob Lincoln, who huried a two-hitter against Tufts a week ago, will probably be coach Norm Shepard's choice to start, but he will find the Bruins no easy touch.

Last year Brown tied for last place in the E.I.B.L. but with victories in its first three League games this year it has already topped its '65 record. Overall, the Bruins have a 6-4 record, but in the all-important League tilts, they boast an 8-4 win over Yale, 7-1 over Columbia, and 3-2 against the Penn team that beat Harvard 7-3, early in the season.

A lot of the improvement can be traced to a handful of sophomores who form the nucleus of this year's team. Power-hitting right fielder Tom Skenderian is currently riding a hot streak that has carried him Brown will probably be saving DiMartino for a home game against Princeton Friday, but right-hander Steve Kadison, the team's captain, can be just as good. In his last outing, Kadison fanned 14 batters while shutting out the University of Rhode Island 1-0.

In baseball action yesterday, the Harvard freshmen squeaked by Holy Cross 4-3, and mighty Eliot House fell to Dunster is extra innings, 2-1.