Jubilee Weekend Nets $400 Profit With Big Budget

After making money for the first time in five years, the Freshman Jubilee Committee has decided to set up a class fund. Apparently, the $400 surplus will just sit the bank, gather interest, and help pay for another class extravaganza: the 25th reunion.

The freshman called upon an unusual tactic to turn the annual deficit-producing Jubilee into a money-maker. "We doubled the budget," Paul J. Zofnass '69, chairman of the Jubilee committee, said last night.

But, while raising their budget from $5000 to about $10,000, the committee also drew more than last year. With every couple paying $15, this paid about $8250 the bill. The rest of the money came from public ticket sales to the Animals Concert held over Jubilee Weekend and $1800 from raising the price of a fresh-man participation card from $1 to $2.

Now that there is more money than the committee needed, Zofnass sees little else to do except put it in the bank. "I sup-pose if something came up, I don't see why we couldn't use it. But once you're the Houses, the class sort of splits up," said.

The last time the Jubilee made money, Zofnass said, was 1961 when the surplus was $10.