Unbeaten Netmen Expected to Top Dartmouth Today

After knocking off Princeton, recognized as the East's top tennis team. Harvard looks like a cinch to overpower Dartmouth at Hanover today.

But don't count on it.

Dartmouth is no patsy, as the Indians' deadlock with Yale last week showed. The Yale match went right down to the last two doubles contests, which were finally called because of darkness. The scary thing is that Yale counted on defeating Dartmouth in the spots where Harvard does not have much of a chance: at the top.

Dartmouth ace Charlie Hoevler, a lefty with a powerful twist serve and sharp volleys, was runner-up to Yale's Mike Waaltz in the New England Intercollegiate Tournament last spring and will probably be too much for Harvard's Dave Benjamin today.

Hoevler is also an exceptional doubles player and should control the first doubles match today. That leaves Harvard with five of seven matches to win, and Coach Jack Barnaby is worried.

Crimson senior Richie Friedman, still hobbling from an ankle injury against Princeton, may not be able to play in either the singles or doubles. The other three Harvard seniors may be in less than peak condition because of General Examinations Thursday.