Racketmen Take Squash Tourneys

Harvard squash players Anil Nayar and Larry Terrell each won major tournaments over Christmas vacation.

Nayar swept by Peter Martin of McGill, 3-0, to win the University Club of New York Invitational Intercollegiate tournament. Nayar lost no games in the entire tournament.

The Crimson sophomore had barely edged Martin 3-2 in the Harvard-McGill match the week before, but was easily able to master the Canadian in New York.

Rick Sterne also made a good showing in the University Club tournament, but lost to his teammate Nayar in the semifinal round. In an unexpected victory, the Crimson's Michel Scheinmann dumped Yale's first man Ray Godfrey. Scheinmann plays nine for Harvard.

In the Freshman Intercollegiate tournament at the Racquet and Tennis Club of New York, Harvard's Larry Terrell took the title with a final-round victory over Army's George Alcorn.

This was the second of three Christmas-time championships for Terrell. The weekend before the freshman placed first in the National Juniors in Philadelphia. And after taking the Freshman Intercollegiate title in New York, he went back to Philadelphia to win the Philadelphia District tournament.

Two other Harvard freshman entered the New York tournament. John Ince took the trophy in the consolation tournament, Peter Abrams lost to Alcorn in the semifinal rounds.