Booters Oppose Engineers In Final Warm-Up Today

By Andrew Jamison

Game Time: 3 p.m.

M.I.T. has never been a soccer power, and although its team is probably not as bad as Boston University's it nevertheless won't give Harvard much of a contest this afternoon.

But Harvard coach Bruce Munro really isn't interested in a contest. He wants one last look at his players in game action before the Ivy League season begins this Saturday.

Stomach

He wants another look at Dick Locksley, the sophomore goalie who has replaced the injured John Axten in minding the Crimson nets. After a shaky start with the loss to Amherst last weekend, Locksley has come on very well. He turned in a top-notch performance in shutting out B.U. this past Saturday.. Axten, who was kicked in the stomach in the Amherst debacle, will be out another three or four weeks, but considering the way Locksley has been playing the big senior will have to win back his job.

Toe, Ankle, and Virus

There will be three doubtful Crimson starters for today's game. Abi Azikiwe, the left halfback who has improved with every game, sprained a toe in the B.U. game and might not play today. The same situation exists for right wing, Gerry Montero, but this ankle could be more serious. And left wing Scott Robertson, last year's high scorer, has been out this week with a virus and could join Azikiwe and Montero on the sidelines.

Lame

If both his wings can't play today, Munro could be in trouble. He could switch Lutz Hoeppner to one wing, but then would have to start an inexperienced sophomore at the other outside slot. If Azikiwe shows up lame, Mike Sicher would play right half and captain Joe Gould would move to the left side.

M.I.T. features a 4-2-4 allignment, meaning that there will always be at least six Techmen on defense. "But we've finally developed the finesse and teamwork to score," Munro said Yesterday, "and the M.I.T set-up shouldn't bother us too much. It should bother them more. It means that they will have one less forward on the attack, which could cut deeply into their offense."