Yard's Ape Man Escapes Capture

At 11 p.m. Tuesday in the Yard the drums began a wild, pagan beat, with monkeys chattering, birds chirping, leopards roaring.

From their huts and hovels the freshmen converged outside and began their chant, "We want Tarzan; we want Tarzan...." Then, the unmistakable cry--"Ahh-ahh-ahh:"

Yes, fans, Tarzan is alive and well and resides somewhere in the freshman dorms. About twice a week he performs his cry, while a recording of jungle noises blares from Mower. Hall. Only a few disgruntled wonks, the University police, and some proctors fail to appreciate the ritual. They have been searching frantically, so far in vain, for a clue to the identify of Tarzan. All they know is that he is a freshman with a remarkable voice and a talent for imitation.

Cheetah And Jane

An interview with the elusive and anonymous actor revealed that the purpose of his calls is to unify the freshman class, which he feels is "too individualistic and snobbish."

He is strongly in favor of an extension of parietals for all students ince he has "had to make Jane leave every night at 7, a terrible inconvenience."