Pass-Fail Draft

The following is the text of the CEP's pass-fail proposal:

1. Any undergraduate may with the permission of the instructor enroll as an ungraded student in the half course each term as part of his normal course load.

2. No freshman, sophomore, or junior may take fewer than three graded courses in any term. Freshmen may not enroll in both an ungraded course and a Freshman Seminar in the same term. Seniors may reduce their total of graded courses to two.

3. Students may use this option to satisfy concentration requirements with the permission of the Department or Committee concerned--and General Education requirements with the permission of the Committee on General General Education.

4. A student will designate his pass-fail course on his study card. No course may be designated pass-fail or changed from graded to pass-fail or from passfail to graded status after the fourth Monday of the term. Rules governing rate of work will apply if any student wishes to drop a pass-fail course.

5. This legislation will become effective for the academic year 1968-69 and will be reviewed in the spring term 1970.

(The Committee on Educational Policy aproved the above motion at its regular meeting, November 22, 1967, ten in favor, none opposed, the Chairman not voting.)