Coaches Name Hoop, Ice Squads

Skaters Parrot, Garr Named to Second Unit

Juniors Bob Carr and Kent Parrot yesterday were named to the second squad of the coaches' 1967 All Ivy hockey team. It was first line center Parrot's second straight selection, and defenseman Carr's first.

League champion Cornell dominated the choices with three men on the first team and two on the second. The Big Red goalie, Ken Dryden, and defensemen, Skip Stanowski and Harry Orr, Brown forwards, Dennis Macks and Wayne Small, and Yale senior center, Jack Morrison, comprised the first team. Junior Small -- the League's leading scorer -- and Dryden, a sophomore, were the only underclassmen chosen by the coaches.

Dryden, Small, and Morrison were unanimous choices, the first time since 1958 that three players have been so honored.

Parrot paced the Crimson scorers and stood 11th in the League with five goals and eight assists. His four goals and one assist against Princeton marked the best performance by a Harvard player all year.

Carr, a hustling, aggressive, point man, bulwarked the Harvard defense.

Sophomore goalie Bill Diercks and junior Ben Smith received Honorable Mention. Diercks ranked second in the league in goals with 203 saves and 29 goals allowed for an 87.5 percentage. The choice of Smith at defense is something of a surprise, since he played forward in all but two games.

First team: goal: Dryden, Cornell; defense: Orr and Stanowski, Cornell; forwards: Morrison, Yale; Small and Macks Brown. Second team: goal: Warren Cook, Dartmouth; defense: Carr, Harvard, and Bill Ramsey, Princeton; forwards: Doug Ferguson and Mike Doran, Cornell, and Parrot, Harvard.

Honorable Mention: Goal: Dick Rastani, Brown, and Diercks, Harvard; defense: Smith, Harvard; Forwards: Terry Peterman, Princeton, Dave Ferguson, Cornell, and Bill Swoyer, Dartmouth.