Loeb 'Musgrave' Fails to 'Dance' On Opening Night

Last night's opening of Serjeant Musgrave's Dance on the Loeb mainstage was cancelled after losing a principal actor to a severe'strep throat.

John M. Ross '67, who had no understudy, was ordered by his doctor early yesterday not to perform last night. The cancellation of the performance was announced around 3:30.

But the show will go on tonight. If Ross is still unable to perform, Roger E. Kozol '68 will take his place. Kozol was recruited for the part yesterday afternoon and spent last night rehearsing with the Musgrave company.

The part in question is Hurst, one of four army deserters in the play who come to a small English mining town during the last century. Hurst appears in every act.

People holding tickets to last night's performance will be able to exchange them for any performance during the play's two-weekend run. No additional performance has been scheduled to make up for last night's.

The anti-war play by John Arden is one of four scheduled mainstage plays this spring. It is directed by Daniel N. Freudenberger '67.