Crimson Sextet Scores 7-2 Win Over Indians

Jack Garrity scored a goal in each period and Harvard's penalty-killers tarnished Dartmouth's golden scoring chances as the Crimson hockey team rolled to a 7-2 victory last night at Hanover, N.H. The easy win over the weak Indians boosts Harvard to a league-leading 5-1 Ivy record and sends the Crimson skaters into their exam break riding a four-game winning streak.

Kent Parrot set the tone of the wide-open, offense-dominated game with a quick score at 2:20 of the first period. Pete Mueller and Terry Flaman assisted on the senior center's tenth goal of the year.

Two minutes later Garrity picked up the first of his trio, on a one-handed flick from 12 feet in front of Dartmouth goalie Jim Cruickshank.

Temporary Retaliation

Sophomore right wing Kent Nyberg beat Harvard goalie Bill Diercks on a two-on-one breakaway at 7:55, but Ben Smith raised the Crimson's margin to 3-1 five minutes later with a 25-footer from the left side.

Garrity got his second unassisted goal at 7:05 of the second period. Four minutes later Chris Gurry scored while Harvard was two men down. Dartmouth got caught in its own power play when Smith poked the puck out of the zone and Parrot and Gurry came in against a single retreating defenseman.

Nyberg, who scored 33 goals for last year's Indian freshmen and is by far his team's leading scorer this winter, put in his own rebound at 16:05 of the second period to round out Dartmouth's scoring.

Penalties, Penalties

Harvard was hit with 2 of its 11 penalties at 1:57 of the third period, but Flaman, Gurry, and Otness held Dartmouth shotless until the final seconds. Diercks made two great skate saves at that point, then Harvard killed another penalty with similar finesse.

On the Crimson's first full-strength rush, Bob Fredo took a pass from Jack Turco, stickhandled and flipped the puck over Cruickshank. Garrity finished his hat trick at 10:54 when the Indian goalie mis-timed the Crimson captain's floating shot. Fredo and Bobby Bauer assisted.