Kirkland Victory Tops House Ball

Winthrop House gambled and lost on a fourth quarter two point conversion, and Kirkland edged the Puritans, 7-6, in House action yesterday.

After Winthrop scored on an eight-Fitzgerald to end Jack Anderson, quarterback Tim Cullen elected to go yard option pass from halfback Jack for two. Cullen again called the option, but Fitzgerald's pass fell incomplete.

The Kirkland offense, throttled for the first three quarters by a tenacious Puritan defense, had scored early in the fourth period on a ten-yard off tackle run. And the successful PAT later proved to be the margin of victory.

Leverett's Ron Kram scored two touchdowns on a pair of five-yard runs to lead his team to a 14-0 victory over Dudley. Dudley unveiled a single wing passing attack with hopes of generating some offensive power, but the Leverett defense was in control for all of the game.

Aerial Combo

Lowell, sparked by the aerial combination of Dennis Voitovich to Jim Marshall, defeated Quincy, 12-0. Marshall caught one touchdown pass, while Voitovich scored on a quarterback option run. The Lowell defense permitted only two first downs, one of these coming as a result of a penalty.

Eliot, held to a 6-6 stalemate in the first half, broke the game open in the second half with two long touchdowns to defeat Adams, 19-6.

Quarterback Bill Cherry, mixing his plays well, employed inside running and the rollout option with devastating effect. The highlight of the game was a Cherryled drive which consumed the whole third quarter and part of the fourth, ending in a ten-yard touchdown pass to end Bill Loos.