Alumni Earn 4-2 Soccer Triumph

A talented soccer team of Harvard alumni, including three former All-Americans--Lannie Keyes '60, Tony Marks '67, and Andy Keyes '67--trounced a dispirited Harvard varsity, 4-2, on Saturday.

Psychologically down after a discouraging 4-4 tie against Dartmouth on Friday, the varsity yielded three decisive goals to the alumni in the second period.

Marks, who lives in England, planned his two-week vacation in the U.S. around this game. Playing at fullback with Keyes, his defensive work led the alumni to their second victory in six contests.

J.V. coach Seamus Malin '62 and Bruce Johnstone '62 scored in the second period to put the alumni in the lead 2-1. Late in the same period Samuel Thompson '65 capitalized on a Crimson defensive lapse to tally the go-ahead goal. Bill Shaefer '67 added the final alumni goal in the third period.

Sophomore high scorers Solomon Gomez and Pete Bogovich tallied the two varsity goals. Gomez opened the scoring in the first period and Bogovich ended it on a penalty shot in the last period.