Freshman Toes Play at Andover

Freshman soccer puts its two-year, 16-game winning streak on the line today at Andover Academy.

Today's game is likely to be a lowscoring defensive battle. The Crimson, with a 5-0 record, has allowed only three goals this year. Andover, while losing to Dartmouth and Yale, was scored upon only once in each contest. Andover's record is 4-4-1.

Despite Andover's unspectacular .500 pace. Harvard coach Dana Getchell expects his unbeaten team to face a rough test. "I think it's the best Andover squad I've faced in five or six years," Getchell said. "DiClemente [Andover's soccer coach] always gets his boys way up for this one," he added, "and I expect they'll fight hard and mark my forwards closely throughout the game."

Getchell said he will be depending heavily on his backfield to stop the Andover attack. "Fullbacks Red Jahncke and Barnes Abbott have turned in good defensive jobs for me in all games," he said, "We'll need more of the same from all of the backs to win today."

Offensively, the Crimson will be looking for a good day from center forward Charlie Thomas, the team's high scorer with eleven goals to his credit. Thomas scored four goals in last Friday's 6-1 rout of Dartmouth.