JV Booters Host Providence Foes In Fifth Contest

Harvard's junior varsity soccer team, with a 4-1 record, after its victory over Brown on Wednesday, faces the Providence College varsity today. Coach Seamus Malin said his only worry is that the team's past successes might breed overconfidence.

Although the Crimson will be playing against Providence's finest, the match should not be too much of a challenge, Malin said. This is the first year that Providence has fielded an official, interscholastic team.

Malin said that Providence should have one or two good players culled from the local high schools. "If these few stars prove effective and if Providence really hustles, anything could happen," Malin said.

Crimson goalie Wayne Quasha, who has not allowed more than one ball to get by him per game, will start in front of the net. Malin said he is also looking for a good performance from center half Pete Kertes who has worked his way into the starting line-up. Junior Ben Phinney, who is still suffering from a knee injury, will be unable to play in the game.

Practice was called off yesterday, as the team rested after Wednesday's defeat of Brown, 3-1. The Brown team, which brought only two substitutes to Cambridge for the game, was unable to hold back Harvard's offensive attacks after the first quarter.

Center forward Gino Marchese kicked the ball past the goalie twice during the second period. Gene Warner scored the third and final Crimson goal after a quick surge by the Bruin defense.