JV Soccer Downs Bruins For Seventh Straight Win

John Chapman's two goals sparked the Crimson junior varsity soccer team to a 4-1 victory over Brown at Providence yesterday.

The Crimson extended its undefeated record to seven in a row with this second win over Brown this season.

Harvard let loose with a barrage of shots to score twice in the third quarter. Passing the ball across the field, left wing John Metzger fed Chapman deep in the right corner. Chapman, kicking from a difficult angle, booted the ball by the Brown goalie into the upper left corner of the net.

Chapman Scores

Chapman scored again only minutes later. Halfback Jim Wolff centered the ball to Chapman who drove in past the defense for the score. Metzger and Mario Marchese each tallied once to complete the Crimson total.

Brown's only score came on a penalty play in the first half. Harvard goalie Wayne Quasha batted away the free shot, but was unable to block the ball a second time, as the Brown opponent rushed up to kick the rebound in.

The junior varsity booters put their unblemished record on the line for the last time when they face Yale next week.