Scalpers Go Wild With Yale Tickets

Tickets to the Harvard-Yale game are selling at slightly higher prices this year. One Yale alumnus thought they were worth more than their original $6 price, and paid $160 for a pair, while a Harvard graduate suggested that he might give ten years of suits from his store in exchange for a pair.

The blame for this situation can be placed on two undefeated teams, and Harvard Stadium, which seats only 40,000. Despite the fact that many students are being led into wallowing sin, observant Ec 1 students are getting a good look at how a good capitalist system works.

Yale students seem to have located a small but profitable outlet for perhaps a couple of dozen tickets, which resulted in the $160 sale. The original price asked for that particular pair was $175, but the cunning Yale alumnus bid it down. Other than that sale, the highest offered for an individual ticket thus far has been about $16, said a Yale Daily reporter.

Cambridge Market

The selling situation is more exciting in Cambridge. The most successful entrepeneur in this area relinquished four seats for $280. Several tickets have been sold for $45 apiece, but other sensational reports have not been verified. The gentlemen offering the suits has apparently reconsidered.

Fifteen thousand tickets were sent to Yale, approximately 6,000 of which were purchased by students and faculty, with alumni buying the remainder. Students were entitled to one ticket for $2 and three others at the regular $6 price. Everyone who applied by the Nov. 7 deadline was accommodated.

Alumni demands accounted for the 5000 oversubscription on Nov. 7. Nevertheless, Yale was able to supply each alumnus applicant with two tickets. Some graduates asked for substantial blocks of seats.

Since Nov. 7, many ticket requests have been received in New Haven Ticket manager Jack Blake said that all such applications were not processed and simply returned. He felt he could have sold 25,000, while it is likely that a total of 100,000 could have been sold if there were an unlimited supply.