Touch Victory

Mike Barrett, the red-headed wizard, threw a last second touchdown pass to Crimson sports prognosticator Dick Paisner this morning near the Stadium to lead the undefeated Crimson to its 95th consecutive victory over a hapless Yale Daily News team.

Supported by stalwart defense which turned in its third straight shutout, the Crimson added a couple of insurance scores after the gun had sounded for the final 23-2 victory margin.

Head Coach Joel Kramer, injured seriously in a bone-jarring collision in the second quarter, returned two minutes later to spark the defensive backfield. He got support from former All-State Wisconsin soccer player Scott Jacobs who picked off two errant Eli passes. Pete Lennon, Tom Southwick, Jim Kitch, Chuch Hagen, and Barry Simon kept the pressure on the passer all day long.

Yale's drives were successively blunted by nine penalties for misuse of scatalogical language on the field and two for spitting.

The first Crimson touchdown was set up by power sweeps to both sides of the field. Bill Bryson carried the ball right for 30 yards and then Barrett rolled left for another 25. On fifth down, the strong-armed junior spun outside and lofted the winning pass to Paisner into the right corner of the end zone.