JV Booters Win At Princeton, 4-1

The Harvard JV booters romped over the Tigers, 4-1, in Princeton yesterday afternoon. The Crimson completely dominated the game, allowing Princeton only three shots at the goal.

Princeton's only score came on a fluke shot in the first quarter. Princeton forward Jerry Saltorelli, lying on the ground in front of the goal, caught the ball between his legs and flipped it into the goal. Referees in New England call the shot illegal, Harvard coach Seamus Malin said, but the Princeton referees counted the point.

The Crimson tied the score in the second quarter when John Metzger crossed the ball to David Wylie, who sliced it into the corner. Despite repeated Harvard scoring threats, the game remained tied through the third quarter.

Lights On

The lights were turned on at the beginning of the fourth period, and the Crimson found the shadows to their liking. John Runyan scored on an assist from Mario Marchese and moments later got his second goal on a beautiful pass play from Gene Warner and Metzger.

The Tigers were on the run, and the Crimson scored again in the closing minutes on a pass from Yonni Chapman to Franklin Jurado.

Harvard's Eddie Atwood was the game's outstanding player with forceful defensive work. Halfback Peter Kertes also helped break up Princeton's attack. Malin said he was particularly pleased with his team's performance considering the injuries they had received this week.