Racquetmen Roll Over Dartmouth: Face Navy Here

Harvard's varsity squash team journeyed north to Dartmouth, N.H., yesterday just long enough to hand the Indians a decisive 9-0 thrashing.

The win--which stretches the team's unbroken string of victories to eight--was little more than a warm up for the team's match today against Navy. In fact, the only noteworthy event of the Dartmouth match was Anil Nayar's first game loss of the season. But Nayar never lost his poise and ran his opponent to a 3-1 defeat.

The Navy match, which starts this afternoon at 3 p.m. in Hemenway Gym, is a key test for the Harvard racquetmen because Navy is the ranking Intercollegiate Team champion. Harvard held the title from 1962 to 1966, but was edged out last year by a single point after a rough and tumble loss at Annapolis.

Despite the Midshipmen's grueling style of play. Navy shouldn't give Harvard's racquetmen much trouble. Early in the season Navy narrowly slipped by Amherst. 5-4, only to watch Harvard romp over the Geoffs, 9-0, a week later.

Harvard is in top form for the match today, and Nayar's game is sharper than it has ever been. In the semifinals of the Canadian National Singles championship at Montreal last weekend. Nayar defeated Sam Howe--who is currently ranked number one in men's singles in the United States.

Nayar faced Colin Adair, the Canadian singles champion, in the finals, and beat him with dispatch, 3-0.