Harvard Review to Appear Today With Article by Senator McCarthy

The Harvard Review will appear on the newsstands today for the first time in over a year, carrying an article written by Senator Eugene J. McCarthy (D-Minn.).

The Review, a quarterly for most of its 20 year history, was forced into inactivity last year by financial and managerial difficulties. But the current editorial board has now met the deficits and plans to publish three more issues this year, Keith B. Belser, Publisher, said yesterday. A later issue will include an article by Fidel Castro.

Today's issue is devoted to "The Politics of Crisis." McCarthy's article, "Mr. Johnson and the Democrats: Who Dissents?" is an indictment of Johnson for his violation of the "five great principles of Democratic foreign policy."

The Democratic party today, McCarthy writes, "is following a Republican foreign policy. The Democrats on the Foreign Relations Committee are not the dissenters. The dissenters are in the Administration."

As the first of the "five great principles," McCarthy says "that America must not shrink from war when liberty is at stake; but that America must not conduct war against the poor, the backward, and the primitive."

The Castro article will appear in an issue devoted to Latin America and its relations with the United States. Belser said that Castro agreed to write the article for the Review because, "Harvard is the only enclave in the United States that he thinks at all highly of."