Bluebooks Yours For the Asking

If you want a lasting memento of your exam-time labors, go right ahead and get it. Bluebooks, contrary to popular myth, are not required to rest forever in the bowels of the University, but are available to any student who chases down his instructor and asks for his.

The Faculty was reported to have chortled loudly last week at the thought of the popular myth that they were forbidden to give back student exams. Dean Ford explained to the meeting that there is no Faculty rule against handing back bluebooks and none of the departments seem to have legislated on this question either.

The bluebooks issue, or non-issue, has been kicking around for the better part of the academic year. It started with a HPC resolution last fall that students be allowed to reap the educational benefits of reading over their old exams by picking them up if they wanted. Ford explained a month or two later that he could find no rule against it.

The question bounced back to the Committee on Educational-Policy midway through this term and it decided that there were indeed no rules on the question and that there needn't be. Acting on an HPC request, Ford reminded the Faculty of the non-rule last Tuesday.