Booters Tie UConnecticut, 2-2; Pete Bogovich Scores Both Goals

Sophomore centerforward Peter Bogovich added two more goals to his rapidly growing varsity total, but the rest of his teammates just couldn't come through with another tally as Harvard's soccer team fought to a 2-2 deadlock with the University of Connecticut last Saturday.

Harvard started slowly and had trouble adjusting to UConn's 4-3-3 alignment. Concentrating on the center of the field, the Crimson jammed the middle and made it easy for slick-passing Connecticut to mother any Harvard offensive effort.

And while Harvard shots either hit the goalpost or were turned away by the UConn net-minder, Connecticut managed to shake loose its star centerforward EdSahnas to take a 1-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.

Goalie Rich Locksley never had a chance as the coordinated attack forced fulback Bob Gray outside to cover and then passed through the gap to Sahnas who cut up the middle and hit from 18 yards out.

The second period was a little better as both teams traded shots but did not score. Harvard finally began to show some goalie-fullback coordination, and center halfback Rich Hardy and fullback Brock made timely pass interceptions to stifle the UConn offense.

But by the end of the third quarter, the Crimson was behind 2-0 as Sahnas scored again. Bogovich came through in the cluth, however, and tallied at 15:15 and 7:00 of the fourth period as Harvard finally passed to its wings to open up the tight UConn defense.