Following is the CRIMSON's first annual athletic intelligence test. Score five points for each question you answer correctly. The more points you score, the happier you will be. Answers will appear next week.
1. Who was the last batter to face Don Larsen in the latter's World Series no-hitter in 1956?
2. Which major league team offered $1,000,000 for Cleveland pitcher Herb Score? Whose line drive virtually ended Score's career?
3. Who hit the ball that necessitated Willie Mays' "impossible" catch in the 1954 World Series?
4. Who was the first Negro to play in the American League? For the Red Sox?
5. Who was the Splendid Splinter? The Big Train? The Big Six? Pistol Pete? The Wild Horse of the Osage? The Yankee Clipper?
6. Who was the only midget to ever play major league baseball? For whom did he play?
7. Who served up Roger Maris' 61st home run?
8. Which team defeated the Tigers on the last day of the 1967 season to insure Boston of the pennant?
9. When was the last pennant playoff?
10. Name five major leaguers who have had movies made of their lives?
11. Name the starting Boston outfield in 1956.
12. In 1966, Baltimore took the World Series in four straight games. When was the last time this was done?
13. Who are the only two pitchers ever to combine for a no-hitter?