Moratorium Organizers Discuss Protest Plans

Student leaders of the Moratorium say that they are pleased with Wednesday's demonstrations and that they see the day as a solid base for anti-war action in November.

Richard Zorza '71 of the Harvard-Radcliffe Moratorium Committee stated that he considered the reaction to the October 15 Moratorium "excellent." He said that 80 to 90 per cent of the people his canvassers talked to were solidly against the war.

Zorza sees the November demonstration as an opportunity to take more substantial action. He hopes that more stores will close down, that athletic practices will be called off, and that Harvard Building and Grounds employees will become involved.

Meanwhile...

Although the Harvard Moratorium Committee is directing its efforts towards the November 15 march on the Pentagon, it has not yet planned specific measures. However, it will leaflet and canvass in the interim.

'Enormous Success'

Richard W. Osborne '72 of the Mobilization Committee called the Moratorium "an enormous success as a building stone for the march on Washington." Osborne said it was apparent that the majority of people on the Boston Common Wednesday were in favor of immediate withdrawal from Vietnam.

The biggest response from the audience, he said, went to Peter Camejo, who warned against politicians who denounce the war with political rhetoric, but refuse to participate in anti-war demonstrations.

SMC will probably hold a general meeting within the next week to discuss interim action. They have already planned to canvass, and to hold a high school, college student strike on November 14 in support of the march.