Coach Yovicsin Selects Joe Roda To Be New Starting Quarterback

In an effort to obtain the offensive consistency that is necessary to avoid a losing season. Harvard football coach John Yoviesin once again has shuffled his backfield.

Yoyicsin yesterday named junior Joe Roda as his starting quarterback for next Saturday's game at Brown and moved sophomore John Lukaska into the regular fullback slot, replacing junior Tom Miller.

There had been conjecture that Yoviesin would install a new quarterback in his sputtering offensive attack, and the Crimson coach said Sunday that either Roda or sophomore Rex Blankenship would be the choice. From the performance of both players in the past few games. there seemed to be no clear-cut heir to Dave Smith's job. But Yoviesin admitted that Roda, primarily from his work in practice sessions, had a slight edge.

Changing of the Guard

Yoviesin also replaced injured offensive guard John Cassis with John Ferullo. The sophomore guard saw action earlier in the season when he replaced Drew Czulewiez after the latter was sidelined with an injured leg.

In addition. Yoviesin switched Bill Kelly, a former safety, to quarterback, where he had started as a freshman for Henry, Lamar, Kelly will play on the third unit-the so-called "Brown" unit-with junior John O'Grady.