Demonstration Is Planned by SDS For Brooks Subcommittee Hearing

SDS acting on the recommendation of its Anti-War Committee, voted at a meeting last night to demonstrate against the Faculty subcommittee which is studying the feasibility of Harvard participation in the Cambridge Project.

The problem remains, however, that no one in SDS knows when or where the Committee, chaired by Harvey Brooks, dean of Engineering and Applied Physics, will meet.

SDS also voted to take no official position on the November actions planned for this week against M. I. T.

In order to allow individual members of SDS to work for or against the M. I. T. actions, the meeting decided to put off a demonstration against Radcliffe until Friday. SDS is centering its demands around the Radcliffe and Harkness Commons kitchens. Among the demands are:

Equal pay for men and women cooks.

New dishwashers at Radcliffe that will properly clean and sanitize dishes.

A third cook for those occasions when a separate menu is prepared for special dinners at Radcliffe.

Rubber mats for the kitchen floor at Harkness Commons to prevent workers from slipping.

A new steam table at Harkness Commons.

Reinstituting of jobs recently eliminated.

The demonstrators plan to march from Radcliffe Quad to Fay House, where Mary I. Bunting, president of Radcliffe, has her office.

It was also decided at the meeting not to demonstrate Wednesday morning against the General Electric recruiter who is scheduled to give job interviews in Pierce Hall, beginning at 9 a.m.

Speaking about the planned SDS demonstration against the Brooks Committee, Cheyney C. Ryan 69, co-chairman of SDS, said the action was planned to "expose the fact that the Ford Corporation has set up this Faculty committee to approve the project, and to put forward our demand that Cambridge Project should be abolished."