Swordsmen Lose; Icemen Play Here

SPORTS '72

Harvard's freshman fencers lost to powerful Concord High School, 21-6, yesterday and the Yardling hockey team will play another secondary school, Lake-field College School of Toronto, Canada, today at Watson Rink.

Fencing with four years of experience, Concord is always tough against the Harvard freshmen and yesterday's victory is the second time this season that Concord has beaten the frosh.

The Yardlings won only two of nine matches in each weapon class. Pat Pugliese was Harvard's strong man, taking two victories in the sabre. Phil Rapoport and Gil Castle each won a contest in the foil giving Harvard two more points. In the epee class Pete Byrd and Eliot Hurwitz gained single victories for the freshmen. The Concord loss put the freshman record at 1-5

Icemen

The Yardling hockey team is one of the strongest ever to compete for the Crimson, having won 13 games and suffering only two losses. The team has great depth with three strong lines. The icemen combine size and skating ability with consistent team work to win their games.

Unbeaten In League

The freshmen are unbeaten in Ivy competition. The only losses have been a 2-1 defeat against Boston University early in the season and an unexpected upset last Wednesday by Andover Academy.

Leading scorers for the freshmen are Lief Rosenberger with 38 points followed by Dick Havern with 36 and Tom Paul with 23. Showing the great depth of the team, the second line is leading the first line in total points.

Lakefield College School is presently making a hockey tour of New England. Although it is rated a strong Canadian prep school team Harvard is picked an easy winner.

The freshmen will travel to the University of New Hampshire tomorrow to meet the U.N.H. freshmen.