JV's Draw, 6-6 In Game Against Andover's Icemen

The Harvard JV hockey team fought to a 6-6 draw with Andover Wednesday at Watson rink in an overtime game marked by outstanding goaltending on both sides.

Dave Sagasar made 52 saves in the visitors' nets, while Harvard's Paul Old-field stopped 37 shots. Oldfield was especially brilliant on two breakaway saves, one in the dying seconds of regulation time and the other in sudden-death overtime.

Coach James Hutchinson singled out co-captains Oldfield and Pete Haley for having played especially well. "The score was an accurate reflection of a well-played game," he added.

The game was close throughout, with the score tied 1-1 after the first period on gaols by Ford Fraker for Harvard and John Blood for Andover.

Roy Coppedge and Joel Baumgartner scored in the second session to give Harvard, a 3-1 lead. But a flurry of three Andover goals in the last five minutes of the period gave the visitors a 4-3 advantage.

The Crimson led twice in the third period on tallies by Andre Lemieux, Dick Delaney, and Ed Gallagher, but Andover retaliated with two goals to even the score. In an exciting overtime period both sides made great saves but could not score.