Immunize Your Body

All members of the University anticipating foreign travel are advised to begin their immunizations several months prior to departure. Early immunization permits development of maximum immunity and reduces the discomfort associated with the administration of many vaccines at one time.

Immunizations are given by the University Health Services at 75 Mt. Auburn Street, Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. The required International Certificates of Vaccination and approved stamp are available.

In addition to the required smallpox vaccination, the United States Public Health Service recommends immunization against typhoid, tetanus, and poliomyelitis for all international travelers. Any records of previous immunizations from other sources will be helpful in determining individual recommendations. Information regarding other required or recommended immunizations for specific countries is available at the University Health Services.

Persons traveling to tropical or developing areas may wish to make an appointment with a physician on the Medical Service for advice regarding additional measures such as use of malaria-suppressant drugs, hepatitis prophylaxis, etc.