COLLINS AT HARVARD

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

We are Harvard students who have been involved to varying degrees in the recent activities which the press has associated with King Collins. We feel that the events of the past few weeks have raised some important issues that need to be considered; yet we also feel that the continuation of the ends and means of the Collins group are not useful for our goal, which is the qualitative improvement of our education.

We are not seeking to hand down our own foregone conclusions because we have none. We want to discuss and act upon the issues that have been raised with Harvard students, and to gather ideas and insights into the problems and meanings of our lives. Together we can create an atmosphere conducive to individual responsiveness.

The issues brought up by Collins will not be best advanced by his continued presence at Harvard.

(Signed) Robert K. Ahrens '71   Gordon B. Hurd '69   Donald R. Leopold '71   William B. Patterson '71   Jamie Plunkett '71   Michael I. Smith '72   Jon Stolzenberg '71

(This letter was received prior to Collins' trial and conviction this week.--Ed.)