Baseball Team to Face Boston College Eagles

Harvard's varsity baseball team seeks its third consecutive victory this afternoon in a Greater Boston League game against Boston College at 3 p.m. on Soldiers' Field.

After last Wednesday's victory over Boston University, coach Loyal Park said that B.C. was the greatest challenge to Harvard for the league title. The Crimson has one win in GBL play so far and is 4-3 for the entire season.

Staring pitcher for the Harvard nine will be senior Bob Dorwart. The right-handed hurler is 2-0 for the season the limited B.U. to five hits through the first eight innings of last week's game.

Junior John Ballantyne has won the staring position at second base. Ballantyne, regularly a reserve third baseman behind Dan DeMichele, started his first game of the season Saturday against Springfield. In that contest Ballantyne drove in two runs in three at bats.

Coach park said that the he also will try several other reserve players if Harvard can build an early lead. Pete Karregeannes. Rich Locksley, and Bill cherry all played in the late innings of the Springfield game.

The condition of Ken O'Connell's leg injury is still uncertain. A returning letterman, O'Connell was the Crimson's staring right fielder on the southern tour and batted .250 until he was injured in the Stetson game.

Catcher Pete Varney has replaced O'Connell in the outfield and has done an errorless job. In Saturday's game, Pistol Pete as they call him, grabbed a low liner into right on the run and doubled the base runner, Varney will return behind the plate.

Most of Boston College's starting team was on last year's GBL championship squad. "They have a good hitting ball club," coach Park said. The Eagles' sluggers are led by shortstop Paul McKinnion. Their record now stands at 1-2 after a weeeknd loss to the University of Massachusetts, 8-3.