Stadium Meeting Set for Friday; Buhl Will Chair

A mass meeting will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday in Harvard Stadium to decide whether to continue the strike. This gathering follows the April 14 meeting at which those at the Stadium passed a resolution to continue the strike for three days.

Lance C. Buhl, the instructor in History who chaired the first Stadium meeting, will also chair this one. Buhl said that no group has a mandate to run this meeting.

Some of those who organized the first meeting are working on this gathering. Many of them were originally members of the Memorial Church Group, and they include Barbara E. Rose '70 and Peter H. Lemieux '70.

The Stadium meeting was to have reconvened today, but Buhl postponed it until Friday because of the Faculty meeting today at 2 p.m.

There had been some discussion about holding several smaller meetings rather than another mass meeting. However, Buhl said yesterday that he feels most people want another mass meeting. "It seems that the resolution of the mass meeting to 'reconvene' means 'reconvene in another mass meeting,' " Buhl explained.

Proposals for new business may be presented to the Committee on Technical Details by calling 868-6818 before 11 p.m. tonight. Buhl said that this was not a political screening committee and would eliminate only "very similar proposals."

In case of rain, the meeting will be postponed rather than moved indoors, because "there is no place except the Stadium large enough fior the attendance we expect," Buhl said.