Courtmen Crush Weak Bruins, 9-0

The varsity tennis team, steadily picking up momentum, registered its third whitewash of the season yesterday at the expense of Brown, 9-0. The Crimson's record since the spring trip is now 6-1.

At Princeton yesterday, the Tigers trounced Penn, 8-1, in a crucial Eastern League contest to give Harvard almost a sure tie for first place in the league with those two teams. The Crimson lost a tight early-season match to the Quakers, then featuring a stacked lineup, but rallied to win a spectacular victory over powerful Princeton Saturday.

In yesterday's action at Providence, Harvard captain John Levin outlasted Brown's captain Spike Gonzales, 7-5, 6-8, 6-3, in the longest match of the afternoon.

Resurgence

In the rest of the matches, Harvard showed its newfound strength and won eight straight-set victories. Rocky Jarvis won, 6-0, 6-4, and Terry Oxford prevailed at number three, 6-1, 6-3. "Punjabi" Larry Terrell continued his outstanding singles play as he crushed his opponent, 6-0, 6-0. Sophomores Bill Washauer and Chris Nielsen also triumphed easily.

The doubles were highlighted by the varsity debut of sophomore Bill Brock at the number one spot. Brock, substituting for Jarvis, teamed with Levin to win, 6-4, 6-4, Jarvis is suffering from a sore arm.

Washauer carried Nielsen to a 6-3, 6-4 victory at number two, and the team that delivered the winning point at Princeton, Oxford and Terrell, won with ease, 6-1, 6-2.

The netmen play twice at home this week, facing Cornell tomorrow and a tough Army squad on Saturday.

The Crimson team is expected to be at full strength for both matches.