Crimson Ruggers Outlast B.C. 8-3; Squad to Host Two Cornell Units

Encouraged by last week's rugged 8-3 triumph over a strong Boston College fifteen, the Crimson rugby squad is anxiously looking forward to Saturday's clash with Cornell.

The Harvard "B" squad. which dropped a narrow decision to the second Terrier unit by the identical 8-3 count, will attempt to rebound against Cornell in the preliminary match.

After falling behind 3-0 early in the first half, the Crimson varsity drew into a tie on fullback Phil Ordway's penalty the second half.

From then on, the two clubs battled scorelessly until late in the game. Dominating the scrums and kicking strongly, the Crimson kept the ball deep inside BC territory for most of the second half.

Unable to push over a try until the last two minutes of the game, the Crimson finally saw wing Ed Banner sweep around end for three points.

Scrum half Gary Latz credited the victory to the forwards, who "won 80 to 90 per cent of the scrums for us, and really dominated the whole game."

-30-

The "B" game was also closely matched, with hard hitting and a frustrating inability to push the ball over for the score marking the play on both squads.

Harvard's "C" team has a pair of contests scheduled this week. Thursday's game is a rematch with the Business School, which last week defeated them 11-9. The third team faces the Wesley "B" team Friday.