Dartmouth Bombs Princeton, 38-0; Yoviscin Will Start Craven at End

By Evan W. Thomas

When the Big Green Indians descend on Harvard next week to throw up on your rug and gross out your girlfriend, they will have reason to amuse themselves. Dartmouth's football team is seemingly one again unbeatable.

Dartmouth obliterated Princeton last Saturday, 38-0 and avenged a 35-7 loss to the Tigers in '69, a defeat that cost them the Ivy title and an undefeated season.

Elsewhere in the league, Cornell barely escaped underdog Penn's passing game, coming back in the fourth quarter to win 32-31. Cornell's Ed Marinaro once again made the difference. Marinaro rushed for 190 yards, and scored two touchdowns and the decisive two point conversion.

Harvard will not be able to stop Marinaro when the Crimson takes on Cornell this Saturday. The offense will have to control the ball and keep it away from Marinaro if Harvard is to rebound from their loss to Columbia.

Harvard coach John Yoviesin has made at least one change in an effort to revive the Crimson's stalled offense. Bill Craven, who caught five passes in the last four minutes of the Columbia game, will start at split end against Cornell.

Quarterback Change

There may also be a change at quarterback. Eric Crone has moved up to share time with Rod Foster at first string quarterback in practice this week. Crone and Craven combined to make the score respectable last Saturday after both Foster and Crone had failed to move the team.

Foster has not necessarily been moved out of the starting role, however. He is suffering from a cold and a head injury, and his playing time in practice has been limited.

The Associated Press has ranked Harvard fourth in New England in its weekly poll. Dartmouth is ranked first.