Eliot House Intramural Victor-Sexually Balanced Quincy Glum

Director of Intramural Athleties Floyd Wilson announced last night that Eliot House won the House cross country meet on Thursday.

Wilson's preliminary figures, given to the CRIMSON Thursday night, had Quincy defeating Eliot.

Wilson stated "that because of women running in the race for the first time things were a bit confused." Quincy had four women team members, more than any other House.

Quincy House athletic secretary Rick Barton was shocked by the reversal. "Quincy is quiet tonight. It is a terrible blow to find our sexually balanced team was upset by the misogynic Eliot team."

Eliot House, with no women runners, won the race with superior depth. Eliot had four of the top ten finishers. Rich Engelbrecht came in third and was the first Eliot harrier to cross the finish line.

Women and Uniforms

Eliot athletic secretary John Powers was jubilant in victory. "We knew we had a good team and thought we would beat Quincy even though they had the best uniforms and the women."

Quincy wore blue shirts with gold and white trim. Eliot runners wore sweatshirts and sweat-pants.