Crimson May Lose Steiner

By Robert Decherd

The Harvard football team emerged from Saturday' Dartmouth debacle with only one serious injury, but the Crimson may have other worries as they aim for their second Ivy win this weekend against Penn.

Perhaps the only bright spot of the Dartmouth game was that Crimson place-kicker Richie Szaro moved into a tie with Charlle Brickley as the all-time leading Harvard scorer by kicking. Szaro now has 77 points over his career and should by pass Brickley this weekend.

Junior defensive tackle Mark Steiner reinjured his left elbow during a goal line stand midway through the third quarter Saturday and may miss the Penn game.

Steiner missed ten days of preseason practice due to a hyper-extension of the elbow, and the same thing happened again Saturday. The elbow has been taped since the game, and Steiner will know by Wednesday how serious the injury is.

Bruises

Starting offensive tackle Eric Honick missed practice yesterday after his knee was badly bruised against Dartmouth, but he expects to practice the rest of the week and to play Saturday.

The Crimson's 'other worries' involve getting mentally prepared for the Penn game after such a disappointing loss to the Indians. For all practical purposes, Harvard was eliminated from the Ivy title race Saturday and Penn does not exactly provide inspiration for a disheartened team.

ECAC Team

The ECAC released its weekly team Monday and, not surprisingly, there were no Harvard players mentioned. John Short made the team for his performance against the Crimson, and he was joined by Columbia's John Sefcik in the offensive backfield.

Other Ivy players on the ECAC team were Penn offensive tackle John Curley, Princeton linebacker Pete Boyle and Yale halfback Dick Jauron who was sophomore of the week.