Quincy Holds CRR Vote; Boycott of Runoff Planned

Sixty per cent of Quincy House voted last night in a controversial election for representative to the CRR, leaving two of the nine candidates to face each other in a Thursday run-off.

Both finalists. Richard J. Barton '71 and Michael L. Ryan '72, were described as moderates by Lawrence S. DiCara '71, chairman of the Quincy House Committee.

Both Barton and Ryan base their positions on reforming the CRR so that it contains a student majority.

They have said that they would resign if they found the CRR unresponsive to proposals for reform.

Members of the House Committee defended the validity of the election and of the House referendum held last week, reversing a previous decision not to send a representative.

"With the emotional atmosphere last Spring we just couldn't deal with the procedural questions involved. We felt we were hasty in turning down the Faculty's offer," said Randy R. Guffey '71, secretary of the Quincy House Committee.

Several Quincy residents, however, have objected that the House Committee conducted the elections with "incredible speed and biased information."

"We're planning a vote boycott for Thursday," said Arthur E. Lasky '72 an opponent of the election. "According to the House Master, a valid House election needs 210 votes, and that's what we'll try to prevent."