Barth Will Come For Study Here In Spring Term

John Barth, author of The Sot-Weed Factor, Lost in the Funhouse, and End of the Road, will be at Harvard this Spring. Although he won't be teaching, he may be living in Adams House.

"My main concern is to have free time to do my work," Barth explained. He currently teaches two advanced creative writing courses at the State University of New York at Buffalo. "I want to finish up some projects that are in the works and maybe start on some new ones," he added.

Barth seems to be less concerned with Harvard's people than with having access to the University's library facilities. Barth said he is interested in "some sort of half-official connection with the University,"

William Liller '48, Master of Adams House, has written to invite Barth to become an Associate of the House. Barth and his wife may occupy the Visiting Professor's Suite in Adams.

According to Liller, Barth has expressed special interest in Adams House. "I hope the students in the House will have the opportunity to meet Barth and to talk informally with him," Liller said.