Booters to Compete in NCAA Playoffs; Last Soccer Roll Ranks Crimson 3rd

Harvard's varsity soccer team was ranked third in the nation in the final NCAA soccer standings. St. Louis University, the defending national champion, won its second consecutive title.

Although the Midwest and California have dominated the national rankings in the past few years, six Eastern teams finished among the top nine. The order was St. Louis, Hartwick, Harvard, Philadelphia Textile, San Jose State, Quincy, Buffalo State, Brown, and Navy. Penn was ranked 17th in the poll.

St. Louis finished the season with a 3-1 victory over 11th-place Southern Illinois. The S.I.U. goal was the first scored all year against St. Louis as the Billikens ended with a 7-0-1 record. Hartwick ended its year with a perfect 11-0 record.

Four Ivy Lague teams are competing in the NCAA regional playoffs. Along with Harvard and Brown in the New England tournament, Columbia and Penn were chosen in their respective areas.

Columbia was ranked third in New York State and will play Buffalo State, while Hartwick meets fourth-ranked Army.

In the Mid-Atlantic region, fourth-ranked Penn will meet undefeated Philadelphia Textile. The winner of that match will face the winner of the Penn State-Delaware game.

The New England Regional champion plays the New York champion in NCAA quarterfinals, and that winner faces the Mid-West representative in the semifinals.