Yusuf Khan Takes Squash Open; Terrell Loses Consolation Match

A capacity crowd of over 300 witnessed the touch and quickness of Yusuf Khan destroy the power of several-time World Pro Champion Mohibullah Khan, 18-17, 15-13, in the finals of the Boston Invitational Open Squash Racquets Tournament yesterday at Hemenway Gym.

Yosuf, 36, lives in Seattle and is the former coach of one time Harvard great Anil Nayar. En route to the title match, teacher and pupil met in the semi-finals with the result a 15-8, 15-9, 15-11 victory for Khan.

The champion match between Yusuf, who is an Indian, and Mohibullah, who is a Pakistani and lives in Boston, exhibited a brilliant display of talent and showmanship. The two professionals kept the audience laughing with conversation among themselves and with the judges, who were the targets of the players' friendly pokes.

Cucumber

In reaching the final round, Yusuf went through all four of his matches without dropping a game. "I was cool and caught him with my winners," he said. "I was very comfortable hitting the ball today and thought there was no ball I couldn't hit."

Earlier in the afternoon, Colin Adair of Montreal and Larry Terrell, former Harvard Ace and last year's U.S. Intercollegiate champion, met in the finals of the consolation round. Adair, the present Canadian and former U.S. national champion, surged back from a two-game deficit to defeat Terrell 5-15, 8-15, 15-11, 15-9, 15-14 in a very tense and emotional contest.