Quincy Will Vote Thursday On Sending CRR Delegate

The Quincy House Committee voted 5-3 last night to hold a referendum Thursday on whether to send a representative to the CRR. Thursday's election will be the fifth of the year for Quincy on the issue of representation in the disciplinary body.

Last week members of Quincy voted 157 to 110 to have the election, but the Quincy House constitution requires that 50 per cent of the house (205 of the 409 members) must concur on an issue for the vote to bind the committee. The House Committee voted to accept any decision made on Thursday if over 50 per cent of the house votes.

In October Quincy voted to send a representative to the CRR, but the election was contested because of election procedure mistakes.

The Committee voted down a motion to invalidate the election, while acknowledging that it rushed the election and distributed erroneous information about the CRR prior to the vote.

Arthur E. Lasky '72, who presented the motion to invalidate the first election, said, "I am pleased the House Committee has listened to the voice of the House and will try to amend previous faults."

Regardless of Thursday's vote, the original election of Frederic D. Barton '71 will not stand. Only 150 people voted in Barton's election because of a House boycott protesting earlier election errors.