Tiger Ferocity Proves Fruitless As Crime Fruits Flit by Prince

What began as a touch football game ended as another 23-2 victory for the Harvard CRIMSON Saturday against the Daily Princetonian at Poe Field in New Jersey.

Though the six Crimeds attempted to retain the decorum on the field that typifies Ivy League touch games, the persistent rough play of the twenty well-fed Princetonians caused the game to quickly degenerate into a contest of brute force. Lifting the entire CRIMSON team onto their backs (leaving the defensive team on the sideline watching through his binoculars), the Tigers encouraged them to retreat 60 yards for a safety and Princeton took the lead, 2-0.

"Well if that's the way they want to play," sneered CRIMSON captain Bennett Beach, "maybe we ought to think up a new approach." In quick succession, the flesty Crimeds scored three touchdowns on long runs by an informed source, a high administration official, and an anonymous tipster. While the Princeton team engaged in a bitter argument on whether rushing would be allowed on field goal attempts, the CRIMSON scored three field goals with kicks by Church Editor Leonard S. Edgerly.

At this point the CRIMSON led, 27-2. They quickly scored two more points on a rebound off the backboard. The Princetonians protested. "You're mixing cranberries with apples," they cried bitterly. The CRIMSON agreed to give up two field goals for stealing two bases during the discussion.

The Princetonians were philosophical about their defeat. "It's always invigorating to participate in manly competition with one's fellow journalists," said one as he puffed a post-game cigar, "even if they are all pansies."