November Action Committee Plans 'Disciplined, Militant' TDA March

The November Action Committee announced yesterday that it will stage a "disciplined, militant demonstration" on the day after the jury of the "Chicago Eight" conspiracy trial returns its verdict.

Demonstrators will march to the offices of the U. S. Department of Justice, after a rally at 4 p. m. at the Park Street MBTA station.

An NAC spokesman said, "We have a march permit if TDA [The Day After] is this Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. It will not be our problem if the jury comes out on some other day."

A spokesman for the Boston Police Commissioner's Office said police would not allow a march without a permit.

"Bippies" (Boston Yippies) have announced they will perform guerrilla theatre around the city to "celebrate the guilty verdict."

Martin L. Pearlmutter '68, Boston Field Mouse of the Youth International Party, said. "We want to do a constructive thing, non-violent, and we want to do it joyously. If we do not make a revolution with a smile then we should not make one," he said.

A spokesman for the Conspiracy Defense Committee in Chicago said yesterday that TPA actions were also being staged "in Seattle San Francisco, New York. Washington, Ann Arbor, Peking, Havana.. You know places like that."