SDS Plans Picket Line to Protest Army OCS Recruiter at Harvard

SDS members will demonstrate today against on-campus recruitment by the Army Officer Candidate School (Army OCS).

An Army OCS representative is recruiting at the Office for Graduate and Career Plans (OG and CP) all day. SDS will rally at University Hall at 1 p.m., march to the Office, and set up non-obstructive picket lines.

The decision to demonstrate was made at an SDS meeting last Thursday.

SDS is picketing today "because the Naval Weapons Lab cancelled its recruitment," said Leslie L. Davidson '70. "We wish to stop any military recruiter who comes on campus," she added.

Last Tuesday night, the November Action Committee (NAC) voted to obative. The afternoon before the NAC Naval Weapons Laboratory representative. The afternoon before the NAC meeting, the Weapons Lab cancelled its recruitment because no students had signed up to meet with its representative.

Every branch of the armed forces has an officer training school for men who do not have access to on-campus training programs.

John B. Fox, director of the OG and CP, said that he did not know of the SDS plan and declined comment.